- ERISA and Employee Benefits
Stewart is of counsel to the firm. His practice at CCBLaw concentrates in the areas of employee benefits and employee plan fiduciary representation, and estate planning. Stewart was admitted to both the State of New York Bar and the Florida Bar in 1980. He is also licensed to practice before the U.S District Courts and the U.S. Tax Court. He works closely with clients in diverse businesses such as professional practices, domestic and international manufacturers, insurance agencies, real estate development companies, wholesale and retail establishments, and banks and financial service companies.
Stewart has contributed articles to various business and professional journals and is also a frequent lecturer to local, regional and national professional and civic groups in pension planning. On the national level, he has presented programs on ERISA and tax compliance issues for pension and welfare plans at the Association of Advanced Life Underwriters, the International Forum, the Million Dollar Round Table and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- New York State Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Florida State Courts
- Cornell University, J.D., 1979
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A. (with high honors), 1976, Beta Gamma Sigma, Beta Alpha Psi
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- State of Florida Bar Association
- Board of Trustees, Onondaga Free Library
- Board of Directors, the Syracuse District Golf Association
"Of Employee Plans and Plan Termination: Who Vests?"
Journal of Pension Benefits 6, no. 1 (Autumn 1998)