- Labor and Employment Law
- Healthcare Law
- Professional License Defense
Laura, a Member and equity owner of CCBLaw, concentrates her practice in the areas of labor and employment law, human rights disputes, health law, intellectual property rights and commercial litigation. Laura is versed in all aspects of employment law, representing clients in federal and state administrative agencies as well as federal and state courts, arbitrations and mediations. She has over 20 years of litigation experience. Laura represents a myriad of small and medium sized businesses to ensure compliance with the various discrimination laws, wage and hour issues, corporate compliance, and human resources management. Laura negotiates employment contracts, separation agreements, severance agreements, non-competition agreements, shareholder and partnership agreements for individuals, executives, physicians, employers, and employees and has handled and been involved in numerous complex commercial litigation. Laura also represents licensed professionals before the Office of Professional Misconduct, the Office of Professional Discipline and other administrative agencies.
Laura has volunteered for various local charities. Most recently, Laura served as President of the Auxiliary of St. Joseph’s Health and is currently a member of the St. Joseph's Health Foundation Board. Laura serves as a Director of the Onondaga County Bar Association. Laura also serves as a mediator for the NDNY Federal Mediation Program. She has served as the President of the Fayetteville Free Library Board of Directors, as a Director of the Women’s Fund of Central New York and as Secretary of the Board.
- New York State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Connecticut Courts
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., 1986
- SUNY at Buffalo, B.A. (cum laude), 1982
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Section
- Federal Bar Association, Northern District of New York
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association
- Selected since 2013 to the New York Super Lawyers List – Upstate Edition
- Selected 2015 and 2016 "Top 25 Women Upstate New York Super Lawyers"
A Physician's Duty to Warn...A Doctor's Duty of Care Extended to Third Parties, MD News 2016
Physician Liability for the Action of Others: A Primer – MLMIC Dateline, 2010
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Common Labor Law Issues for Small Medical Practice, St. Joseph's Health 45th Annual Family Medicine Refresher Course, March 2016
- NBI Preventing Business Contract Disputes: Fiduciary Duties: Duty of Good Faith and Fair Dealing, 2016