- Healthcare Law
Maureen is a partner in the firm and concentrates her practice primarily on the representation of clients in the health care industry. She frequently provides advice and counsel on issues related to day-to-day practice management, patient care, medical staff, managed care contracting, reimbursement and billing, medical records, privacy and security of health information including HIPAA, and federal and state regulatory matters, including certificate of need (CON) applications, self-referral (Stark) and fraud and abuse.
Maureen is a frequent lecturer on issues involving the privacy and security of health information and is often called upon to conduct HIPAA training for Covered Entities and Business Associates.
She is a recipient of the Central New York Business Journal Women in Business Award. She currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Upstate Medical University Foundation. She is a past President of the Board of Directors of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central New York and served on the Executive and Quality Assurance Committees of the Board of Directors of the Centers at St. Camillus.
- New York State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- Delaware State Courts
- Widener University School of Law, J.D. (cum laude) 1990
- President, Moot Court Honor Society
- The Order of the Barristers
- Widener University School of Law Outstanding Service Award
- Chair, Health Law Society
- University of Scranton, B.S. Physical Therapy, 1985
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Member, Health Law Section
- New York State Bar Association
- Member, Health Law and Business Law Sections
- American Health Lawyers' Association
"Addressing Ransomware as a Part of Your HIPAA Compliance Program", MD News, August 2016
"Don't Steer the Wrong Way When Transporting Patients", MD News, October 2015