- Healthcare Law
- Business Law
- Commercial Real Estate Law
Marc, a founding Member of CCBLaw, concentrates his practice particularly on the representation of physicians, dentists, and other healthcare professionals.
Marc's healthcare work involves counseling healthcare-related practices, management service organizations, ambulatory surgical centers, and the professionals who own such businesses. Marc provides advice and legal services regarding the full range of operational and transactional matters for his clients, including regulatory compliance, business transactions, employment matters, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, leases, management service arrangements, and other integrations, operations and dispositions of their healthcare-related businesses and organizations, as well as succession planning. Marc is also involved in the representation of healthcare professionals in connection with professional conduct and credentialing inquiries, audits and actions brought by hospitals, payors (including Medicare/Medicaid), Office of Professional Medical Conduct, Department of Health and the Department of Education.
Marc frequently lectures to healthcare professionals, including residents and attending physicians, regarding fraud and abuse, Anti-Kickback, Self-Referral (Stark), False Claims Act statutes, Medicare/Medicaid compliance and other regulatory issues, as well as general business operational matters.
Marc is active in the local community by participating in various charitable, civic, educational and fraternal organizations.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D.(cum laude), 1994.
- University of Rochester, B.A., Economics 1989.
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Health Law Section
- Business Law Section
- Committees on Fraud, Abuse and Compliance, and Healthcare Providers
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Member Special Interest Committees on Physician Organizations
- Member Fraud and Abuse, Self-Referrals and False Claims
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected since 2014 to the New York Super Lawyers List – Upstate Edition